1. Animal Welfare Act: The Animal Welfare Act was developed based on the ORCA draft. This act lays the foundations for the wellbeing of all animals that depend on human care and is a turning point in the attitude of humans towards animals in Serbia.
2. Animal Welfare and Education: As a result of the ORCA Education program, students in kindergartens and schools in Serbia today learn what animal welfare is and how it is protected. “Developing awareness of the importance of animal protection and welfare” is one of the general goals of education and upbringing in Serbia. Animal welfare education directly affects proper emotional development and upbringing of children and young people.
3. 10 ORCA PROTOCOLS: Veterinary inspectors evaluate the welfare of farm animals by 10 ORCA protocols. Protocols include measures that are based on observing the behavior, physical and mental state of an animal (and not just its environment). Serbia is the first country in Europe to officially introduce such protocols! The application of these protocols enables farm welfare condition to be observed and the Animal Welfare Act to be implemented more effectively.
4. Dog population control: A unique ORCA model for permanent resolution of abandoned dogs issue named “For People and Dogs” has been designed to support local governments to solve this issue humanely and effectively. The ORCA model application ensures the prevention of health, environmental and hygiene problems regarding dogs, as well as a safe and humane local community.
5. Wild species protection: A stricter protection regime for lynx, elephants and rhinos has been ensured through influencing our country to take an active role in protecting endangered wild fauna and flora at the conferences of the signatories to the CITES Convention.
6. EU Animal Welfare Platform: ORCA is invited to be a member of the Animal Welfare Platform – an advisory body to the European Commission. We are selected among all European organizations, as the only organization from the Western Balkans. Thanks to this, we can directly influence European regulations and more specifically support the process of European integration of the Western Balkans.