OPEN COMPETITION FOR DESIGNERS AND ARTISTS: NEW VISUAL IDENTITY OF ORCA.
Organization for Animal Welfare and Care – ORCA invites designers and artists to submit their conceptual designs for the organization’s new visual identity.
The competition is open to all adult individuals or groups of authors. Submitted proposals should be original works that have not been published so far. Each participant can submit a maximum of three conceptual designs, and each conceptual design should include a proposal for a new logo, a method of applying it to different materials and / or media, followed by a banner proposal and a visual design of the website.
You can read more about ORCA below in this text or you can download it here.
Conceptual design ideas for the new visual identity can be submitted via email to email@example.com, addressed as: “The new visual identity of ORCA”.
The competition is open until August 3, 2017, after which the ORCA Board of Directors will select the best solution and invite the winner of the competition for start of the cooperation.
The prize for the best conceptual design is 500 EUR and the winner of the competition will have the opportunity to be engaged in the design of other promotional materials of ORCA in the coming period. The final results will be posted on ORCA’s Facebook page as well as on the web 15 days after the competition ends.
NOTE: The prize in the competition assumes the purchase of copyrights for the conceptual design.
ORCA helps local communities in Serbia and the Western Balkans to preserve the nature and well-being of animal welfare, by achieving economic and social development.
It accomplishes its mission through public advocacy and monitoring of policy development, regulations and practices, research and education.
Through public advocacy, ORCA influences the adoption of better laws, their implementation and the change of culture in society in relation to nature and animals.
ORCA HELPS TO CREATE AND PRESERVE
(SUSTAINABLE) LIVING WORLD AND PROVIDING GOOD (WELL-BEING) FOR ALL!
ORCA BELIEVES THAT…
Everyone has the right to the conservation of nature and the sustainable use of natural resources, and animals should live a life free from the pain, suffering and stress that human beings can cause them.
Humans have a moral obligation and duty to provide the present and future generations with the availability of natural resources without which life on Earth is not possible.
To the animals they keep, humans must provide the conditions appropriate to their needs. Otherwise, they must not keep them.
In all activities in the field of agriculture, fishing, transport, trade, research and technological development, as well as in other areas that can directly or indirectly affect the nature or welfare of animals, full attention must be paid to the protection of nature, i.e. animal welfare.
The reasons why nature is exploited and animals are used, must be constantly re-examined in broad social dialogue.
GUIDELINES FOR DESIGNERS AND ARTISTS
- grew out of respect for nature, animals and humans.
- relies on scientific facts and manages the specific needs of society.
- calls for action and connects people, but is not a rebel.
- is serious but not too serious.
- looks pleasant, moderate, calm and confident.
- sounds simple and human, in order to bring closer attention to the topics it addresses to everyone.
- provides guidance and advice for each of us on how to keep the (sustainable) living world, as it concerns us. Nature is our home.
IF IT WERE HUMAN, ORCA WOULD BE…
- diligent and strong in action.
- open in everything it does.
- witty when necessary, but never banal.
- always ready to explain what it cares about and why it is important for each individual.
It is important to us that ORCA’s visual identity associates people in the community with the values we appreciate the most. These are: CONFIDENCE, DURATION, SUCCESS, RELIABILITY, INFLUENCE, ENTHUSIASM, EXPERTISE, COOPERATION and PERSEVERANCE.
ORCA IS NOT…
- active not only in theory but also in practice!
- related not only to animal welfare, but to the whole of nature, as well as society!
- an international, but regional organization!
- consisted of extreme attitudes and practices, but fostering dialogue and respect for others!
- a vegetarian, but an organization that fights for the (sustainable) living world!
- the killer whale, but an organization changing the world for the benefit of all!